Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Growing Up.

I’m just an immature little kid. 
I’m a 12 year old trapped in a 21-year-old girls body. 
I still drink chocolate milk with a straw and get yelled at for making bubbles. 
I sing when I walk down the street. 
I’m always the first one to run out to the ice cream man in the summer time. 
I still pee with the door open and dance to the sound of the shower. 

Growing up is for nerds. 

I still believe in the tooth fairy. 
My favorite holiday is Christmas & I stay up extra late to see if I can catch a glimpse. 
I sleep with my blankie and piggy every night. 
When it rains I run outside in the mud. 


As we grow up, we learn that even the one person that wasn't supposed to
ever let you down probably will. 
You will have your heart broken probably more than once and it's harder every time. 

You'll break hearts too, so remember how it felt when yours was broken. 
You'll fight with your best friend. You'll blame a new love for things an old one did. 
You'll cry because time is passing too fast, and you'll eventually lose someone you love.
 So take too many pictures, laugh too much, and love like you've never been hurt
 because every sixty seconds you spend upset is a minute of happiness you'll never get back.
The young faces in these pictures represent times when our biggest worries.

It's hard to accept, but you can't change the past. 
You can't go back and manipulate things to the way you wanted them to happen. 
Because life’s be meaningless and boring and just not worth living. 
But you can change the future and that's a beautiful thing about life.
 Yes, you will make mistakes. 
And yes, you will have bad days,  but as long as you let the past go,
 you'll have such a gorgeous and bright future ahead of you. 
Knowing that things were meant to happen. 
Knowing that each day you will learn something so that you keep growing to be a better person.

I’m not a little girl anymore 
I’ve learned who to trust & who to ignore
I dont forgive people because I'm weak, 
I forgive them because I'm strong enough to know that people make mistakes.

You spend twenty-one years of your life trying to learn how to live, 
but every time you to try to live in those twenty-one years you're told you're wrong. 
Then everyone you've grown to love is taken away and scattered. 
That's what they should teach you. How to say good-bye and let go.


I guess when it comes down to it 
Being grown up isn't half as fun as growing up 
These are the best days of our lives 
The only thing that matters is just following your heart 
And eventually you'll finally get it right

Live life so completely that when death comes to you like a thief in the night, 
there will be nothing left for him to steal. 
Life is all about ass; you're either covering it, laughing it off, kicking it, 
kissing it, busting it, or behaving like 1.



No comments: